Kobe Peace Research Institute (K.P.R.I) is a registered NGO (NPO) in Hyogo, Japan
Mr. Koji Soma – Profile
- • Founder, President: Sunbuilder Inc., a real-estate agency handling apartment and office rentals in Kobe, Japan. It was established by Mr. Koji Soma when he was age 25 yr..
” Although I worked hard at my new real-estate position, the company also went bankrupt after a year. It was a tough experience for a young man to go through – two bankruptcies in the first two years of my business career.
Looking back, I can see it was God’s plan for me to gain a wider experience and also to begin to understand how it is to deal with people on a personal level.”
As of 2015, Sunbuilder Inc. has grown to rentals of 80 properties and has become a blue-chip company. Over the past 20 years or more, Mr. Soma has continued his Bible research activities and in 2005 founded the Kobe Peace Research Institute,(KPRI). Dedicated to finding commonalities among religions and peoples, through the diligent study of our historical roots, KPRI’s goal is to work towards peace and mutual understanding in our world.)
- • Founder and Chairman: Kobe Peace Research Institute – Founded by Koji Soma, president of Sunbuilder Co., is a grassroots international effort by individuals from private, business, governmental and religious organizations – who are uniting together for the cause of Peace.
- • In 2015 Mr. Soma was awarded Honorary Professor status by the Moldova State Pedagogical UniversityChairman – Kobe Peace Research Institute
- Executive Board Member – Kobe City Tennis Association
- Former National Chairman – Gideon’s International Japan
- Ex-Chairman – Japan C.B.M.C. (Japan chapter of CBMC International)
- Also: Involvements and membership in variety of associations
Brief Personal History:
- D.O.B.: Oct. 6, 1951
- Involvement in 1970’s Japan student movement activities
- Bankrupt twice, in early business ventures
- Became involved in Real estate business, in mid-twenties; Real estate mediator, subdivision management, apartment sales and rental experience.
- In 2003, moved to apartment complex rentals – now totaling 70+ locations.
- Personal goal: Devoting 80% of personal time to developing world peace and symbiosis (harmony)